Saturday, September 23, 2006

KILLER WHALES

I awoke from a great dream this morning in which I was staying at a mountain cabin with my husband and some old school mates (from so long ago...people i haven't even seen or thought about in years) I had just ran for a track event and decided to take a walk to the oceanside... there with 20 or so other people I saw a BEAUTIFUL Killer Whale frolicing so very close tot he shore.... I couldn't resist and I walked out to the waters edge - reached out and let the great gorgeous beast glide under my hands - it felt marvelous and I was in complete AWE... I thought how Great God is to make this gentle giant....after many many passes under my hand, my hubby joined me in petting the whale...then we walked away and talked about how we could have died had the creature suddenly felt hungry...yet we were not afraid...we were tied up in the moment....

I guess too much time at Sea World takes it toll on me... LOL! Or maybe, like my nephew I am just sooo anxious to go again - see you tonight Shamu!


2 comments:

Angoraknitter said...

Ulysese...AKA, Romu. When I worked there he was the male on loan from Spain. Seems he's more of a permanent fixture now. You can tell him by the curled dorsal and tail flukes.
Have a great time visiting the whales tonight...you are very lucky to get to be near them and so often too. There's just so much peace that exuberates from being near these animals, especially in the park after dark.

JO said...

You were lucky to get to know them so personally - Did you know there are 5 or more there now? I love to go see them...