Monday, August 20, 2007

Swiss Steak

Here's another easy recipe for you all to try. This is one my grandmother used to make us often. My grandpa loved it. I think it was one of his favorites. Good stuff!


Swiss Steak
2 Lbs Round steak, tenderized
2 - 14.5oz cans of tomato sauce (plain)
2 T Real Butter
1 small bag of baby carrots
1 large Yellow onion
1/4 cup water
Salt and Pepper
Garlic Salt
Slice onion in 1/4 inch slices and separate rings, reserve about a third of the onion rings. Cut butter into small chucks. Put butter and onion rings at bottom of crockpot, lightly salt/pepper and garlic salt the meat, add meat to pot. Cover the meat with Tomato sauce and add carrots, sprinkle sauce and carrots with salt and pepper. Add water and the reserved onion rings. Cover and cook low 6-8 hours.
Serve with mashed potatoes. The meat's sauce makes a wonderful gravy for the potatoes.
Delicious with sweet corn!
~Enjoy!~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great receipe I just started making this again myself. Your right my Mother told me how to make this.
I leave out the butter.

Mom