Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Down and Out

I've been in bed or on the couch all day and night for 7 days now...I have been stuck home everyday very very sick. I have not left except for two trips to the doctors, one trip to the Drug store and a few hours out on Mom's Day. It started with a cold/fever last Tuesday and now has morphed into Bronchial Pneumonia... I have lost 6 pounds in three days - not good for baby :( and I can't hardly function. I am very sore in belly, diaphram and back from all the coughing fits. Doc gave me anti-biotics and good cough syrup on Monday and said if not doing better by Thursday - I have to be admitted in Hospital :( No thank you - I'd like to stay home.... Sis brought me groceries today ...thank goodness for her...

6 comments:

Angoraknitter said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope you get better soon! I had a friend who was pregnant last year, ended up with the same problem. I wish I could share some wisdom, but all I have is, take it easy, try and stay hydrated, and get lots of rest.

Janice Thomson said...

Gosh do take care JO for your sake too as well as the babe's.

Anonymous said...

I just got home from the hospital last month for pneumonia. I was in there for four days and took strong antibiotics when I got home. You should listen to your doctor and go to the hospital if you should.

Anonymous said...

OH NO! That's horrible! I hope you feel better soon and don't have to go to the hospital:(

Anonymous said...

Sweety, don't be so hard headed. Go to the hospital if that is what the doctor recommends. Remember your body is going through a lot firsts right now and everything is not what it seems. So listen to your doctors. Afteral that's why we pay them big bucks. Get well soon and God Bless.

Love and miss you,

Dad

Gudl said...

I hope and pray that you will feel much better soon! Please keep us updated!
Don't forget to drink fluids!