Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Dream with Meaning?

So the other night I had freaky dream...

I was dreaming I was asleep and kept hearing booms...Boom Boom BOOM! I thought that it was our Camp Pendleton Marines doing drills but there was too many booms to be just a drill - so I turned on the TV to see what was going on and they were shooting missles at us (I don't know who THEY are - it was a dream) A map came up to show where the US was taking hits and there were a TON where we live ( I can still see the map in my head).... the news was telling us to stay put in our homes... I was freaking out, I kept telling my husband, "We need to get out of here! We can't stay here!" He was telling me we are safe at home...I woke up sweating and my heart pounding... My last thoughts of the dream still lingered with me, my husband reassuring me that we are safe...

Frassled I turned on the TV and checked the news...nothing happening here, I went back to sleep...

But now I keep thinking, "what if?"

As part of our earthquake/disaster readiness at our home we always have about a month or so worth food and a first aid kit, and usually 5 or 6 gallons of water. But since it has been so hot lately we have lazily resorted to drinking our back up water supply rather than going out and buying more and our little propanes have been getting used up for summer camping and picnic trips ....




So I am thinking that we better get our stock back into shape... and that is my goal this week...






Always wise to be ready for an emergency..... Are you?

2 comments:

Angoraknitter said...

I know the feeling. I got all "resourceful" after John's first deployment. He had requested the books by Bud Macfarlane Jr. to be mailed to me and I read Peirced by a Sword (www.catholicity.com)I then started teaching myself to make sweater, wanted to learn to spin my own yarn, become a self subsistance farmer...but back to practical, it would be good to keep more supplies on hand. My water stock is slipping too.

Anonymous said...

Sparkletts should be bringing me three more 5 gallon bottles of water. I think if anything happened we would have to go to Dave's moms, they all keep a year supply of canned foods.